Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday, October 6

LC1 needs to complete grammar page 282. They will have a semi-colon/colon quiz Friday.


All students received a new writing assignment that requires them to complete research to figure out the "origin of their name." We have broken down the steps and they wrote them out on the directions. They are as follows:

1. Interview parents about your name (First and Last) and write down your questions and their answers. For example, if I would have been a boy, what would my name have been? How did you come up with my name? etc.

2. Research the origin of your name. Origin means the place where something begins. Do this with both your first and last name. Print your findings.

3. Brainstorm how you feel about your name. More than I like it or hate it;but, how it has become who you are. For instance, my name Jade Love has given me a lot of attention over the years. I would then go on to explain some of that attention. (They will turn in their brainstorm).

4. Using steps 1-3, students will then write their 400 word essay (MLA format, Times New Roman, Doubled Spaced) including all of the above.

Due Friday, October 16th: interview, research, brainstorm, and final draft of essay.
Students are out of school Mon.-Wed. next week. They should use that time to complete this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment